NIMIC Excel Worksheets on GAp TESts (NEWGATES)
NEWGATES is a database of common gap test setups and test results. It has been designed to provide scientists and engineers with a comparison tool.
NEWGATES has been designed to provide:
- Scientists and engineers with a tool, which is easy to use and up to date. It can be used to compare gap tests results and/or calculate critical initiation pressure and critical initiation time
- Modellers with a flexible research tool containing referenced data required to validate models
It also provides the IM community with 6 databases:
- Information about 10 gap tests (description and diagrams, complete with dimensions, scope, principles)
- Pressure calibration curves
- Time calibration curves
- Shock curvature calibration curves
- 1568 gap test results
- 250+ Hugoniots
A module has also been added to calculate analytically the Hugoniot parameters of an energetic mixture from its ingredients. This module can be used to estimate the initiation pressure threshold for the energetic composition itself.