The aims will be achieved by bringing together IM and HC specialists within MSIAC government responsible for developing and implementing policy in these areas.
Discussions will focus on:
- Develop a single IM and HC policy document, including:
- HC, IM and Hazard Analysis policy & requirements
- Integrated end-to-end process
- Guidance on testing and assessment
- The need to:
- Development of a methodology for Hazard Analysis for situation specific risk across the munition lifecycle
- Undertake a review of evidence to support assessments
- Identify and address harmonization issues (including tests)
- Develop a protocol for assigning HC 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.6
- Develop Whole Body of Evidence (WBOE)
- Draft proposals for UN manual of tests and criteria (UN TS7).
The output from the meeting will be used to help direct the future development of policy by an AC/326 custodians working group. There will be an opportunity for more detailed discussion on topics at the MSIAC workshop on “Improved Explosives and Munitions Risk Management” due to be held in Spain, September 10-14th September 2018 (also open to Industry).
Please take time to fill out the on-line survey (even if you are not able to attend this meeting), which will provide input for the meeting and the workshop later in the year. This can be found at: