Technical meeting: HD 1.3 issues
- Is it possible to develop more quantitative criteria to distinguish between the HD 1.3 Storage subdividions: SsD 1.3.1 and SsD 1.3.2?
- What is the basis of current NATO and US HD 1.3 Quantity Distance (QD) criteria?
- What are the assumed or implied lethality and injury criteria?
- Is it possible to remove or reduce the large minimum distances?
- Is it necessary or possible to redefine HD 1.3 QD in terms of burning rate?
- How should HD 1.3 and confinement be addressed in QD and risk analysis?
- Is the approach taken by the US suitable for other MSIAC member nations?
- Are confined propellant burns also relevant for other HD?
- Can the assessment of Insensitive Munition (IM) thermal effects be improved, including thermal measurements in IM tests?
We already have a full agenda for 7 and 8 December, so the call for papers has ended. However, if you have any relevant information on the aforementioned topics please feel free to share this with us by sending an email to: HD13issues@msiac.nato.int. Also send us an email if you would like to have more information including the preliminary program.