The aims will be achieved by bringing together practitioners of RAM and those persons within MSIAC governments responsible for Qualification of energetic materials and Final/Type Qualification of munitions.
Discussions will identify:
- current practices for RAM manufacturing including batch, volume, continuous and in-case mixing;
- requirements for quality assurance;
- suitability of current energetic material tests in qualification;
- baseline materials for comparison (RAM vs planetary or other mixing platforms);
- suitability of S3 testing for RAM-produced munitions;
- generation of confidence in RAM produced munitions;
- cross-over to other techniques (Additive Manufacturing and Twin Screw Extrusion).
To focus discussion and prepare participants a short questionnaire will be sent to potential attendees for completion prior to the meeting.
The output from the meeting will be in the form of a short report with guidance/recommendations to both the RAM users and the Safety Authorities in MSIAC nations. This output may also be of use to the energetic material additive manufacturing community; this will discussed in brief towards the end of the meeting.