L-148 Ed2 NEWGATES v1.8 User Guide
The Excel worksheets on GAp TESts (NEWGATES) version 1.8 contains information related to gap tests. In order to be as user friendly as possible, it was decided to develop the database under Excel. This would enable future users to populate by themselves the database with their own data and to use the graphic resources of Excel.
The database has been developed in Excel2003 and runs on a personal computer in the Microsoft Windows environment (95/98/Millenium/NT/XP/Vista). Its main goals are:
- to provide scientists and engineers with a tool, which is easy to use and update. It can be used to compare gap tests results and/or calculate critical initiation pressure and critical initiation time;
- to provide modellers with a flexible research tool including references and containing data required to validate models.
It provides the IM community with 6 databases:
- information about 10 gap tests (dimensions, scope, principles);
- pressure calibration curves;
- time calibration curves;
- shock curvature calibration curves;
- 1455 gap test results;
- +250 Hugoniots.
An analytical module has also been added to estimate the Hugoniot of a mixture from its composition and the Hugoniot of its ingredients.
The present document describes the different sections of the database. It also explains how to make quick searches with it. The last section is dedicated to the Hugoniot module and details its features.