L-090 Nimic Nations Collaborative Efforts In Shock Modelling - Reactive Models For Hydrocodes: Past, Present & Future
The following sections of this document are dealing with the principal elements of the compression wave initiation models that have been developed over the years and implemented in hydrocodes.
- A partial list of available hydrocodes for solving explosive detonation and shock propagation (section 4 and Annexe 3).
- A brief description of the reacting mixture rules used (section 5).
- An exhaustive review of reactive shock waves treatment in continuum mechanics or thermal models (section 6).
- A review of reaction rate laws (section 7).
- A review of developed models (Annexe 4). As can be noticed, all the summaries of models are based on the same structure in order to answer the set of questions proposed in the first section of this document, i.e.:
A. Questions relevant to model description -> Model description paragraph
B. Questions relevant to model parameters -> Table and equation(s)
C. Questions relevant to model possibilities -> Model achievements paragraph
D. Questions relevant to model implementation -> Model improvement paragraph
As a consequence, it is strongly suggested to refer to the Annexe 4 when information on a model is needed.
- A review of investigated energetic materials using the models described in Annexe 4 (Annexe 5).
The goal of the workshop was to establish an agreed methodology for planning, conducting and reporting the IM assessment of a munition, which can be integrated into the munition acquisition cycle planning, and can be used by various nations to produce standardized assessment reports.
- and the Participants of the NIMIC Shock Modelling Group